Sunday, May 10, 2009

My mother, my dark woman

So it came to past that I journeyed to Penang on a scorching hot Friday and back to home sweet home on Saturday, yesterday, and the weather isn't any better. 

Mum left for Hong Kong last Wednesday and so that leaves dad the hefty task of getting his daughter to Penang and back and so he did and I must say, Dad did a good job. Really! We had a great father daughter time. He told me stories from his past and boy, were the funny!! Then I realized that my character, along with my siblings' weird characters and diverse personalities didn't come from no where! And the 5 hour trip to and 5 hour trip back wasn't all that boring. We had movies to watch in the bus and well, I watched. With dad. 

TOEFL? Well.... TOEFL wasn't the easiest thing on Earth. To be frank, I was rather jittery and to think that I'm a slow person (I need more time to think compared to other people), everything tested is timed. Every question is timed. And so, when it came to the speaking part, I kinda lost confident because they only gave like.... 15 seconds to prepare your answer before having to speak into the mic. Yeah.... didn't work really well with me but it's ok. I have other sections to feel safe about?

I wanna wanna wanna go to America. It's where everything is happening. I can't wait for my adventure to begin. Maybe I will be a super spy and save the world! Or I can be a rock star and rock it out!! Or I can be the super cashier in Wallmart and do super cool stuff like bagging. Or maybe, just maybe, I can be a fireman.... woman...... just so I can wear the super cool yellow jumpsuit.

---------------------------------

Oh, boy do I love TH. I wish them all the best in all their future ventures and wish to meet them in person one day. I will. When I get to America.

---------------------------------

Mummy. My mother isn't home for Mother's day. But It's ok. We love her dearly and we miss her.

I remember when I was just a little girl, and Ah Boi wasn't born yet, and there was Kc and I who were mischievous little rascals, we used to sleep in the same room my parents share and we used to talk to each other like little chatterboxes into the night. Mummy who was well aware that we had pre-school the next day needed us to sleep and so she told us to but we being the restless stubborn kids, we continued talking, though in a softer volume. Mummy got mad and scolded us but still we couldn't sleep. So she got off the bed, walked to the other corner of the room and fetched the cane. In the lack of light, mummy was but a dark shadow and because it was just the silhouette we could see, dad called her the super villain, The Dark Woman. With the cane in hand, she slowly approached us and out of a sudden spur in bravery, our hero, daddy jumped in front of us, preventing mum from hitting us. Yet, mother wasn't afraid. She wasn't fazed with the sudden arrival of a hero. In fact, with more pleasure, she whacked father with the cane! And dad was like "Argh, Ugh, Ow, Dark Woman! I'm not afraid! Stay away from my kids" and Dark Woman was like " What? You wanna get hit? Ok, sure." *hit hit hit* and we were like " Daddy!! you so brave!!!"

Yeah, that's my mum. My beloved mum. With a mum and dad like that, everyday at home is like a movie and it keeps me laughing the whole way.

Mummy, Happy Mother's Day. I love you Dark Woman. XD 

1 comment:

  1. Lol, so they didn't ask you to sing huh? Wasted, I was thinking of you being the new internet meme...Aih....Still, going back to TOA is going to be empty wei.... No randumb partner D:!!! Still XD! And no, super cool yellow jumpsuit does not suit you, it's for the 170+cm only. Lol joking!

    P.S: Remember to give me sand,salt and ice-cream...

    ReplyDelete