Thursday, May 7, 2009

My choir my baby!!

Ahh, choir.... brings back so much memories... and ironically, as I type this entry, the choir competition of 2009 is taking place in Datuk Hamzah and I so wanna be there to watch... or rather, to conduct again!!!! ARGHHH!!! I miss conducting so much... and all our choir practices...

History Mystery of choir, it was disbanded in the beginning of 2006 and with a few friends, Sheen Yeen, Mandy, Charlotte, Julia and Hui En, we reestablished again not long after, collecting signatures of students and getting Pn.Tay as our teacher and the rest was history. We participated in the annual competition and brought home awards for some years and weren't so lucky some other years but it was all in great fun!

My choir team is like my baby....I watched it grow up.... and now, its like as if it doesn't need its mummy anymore.... One time, I remember our choir club getting an award for the most active non-academic club in school..... made me almost cry.... almost....

Well, choir is not choir without choir dramas involved.... oh, the countless times I actually cried for it and all our fun fun fun voice warm-ups like ^^^Sheen Yeen is very ham sap^^^ XD haha..... 

What I want to say is, our generation of choir members is different from the batch now.... more special and more closely bonded than the new generation of members. Us, Sheen Yeen, Mandy, Charlotte, Julia, Hui En, Mirshal and Prashant, the core members and some other core members I cannot really remember, You with me the entire 3 years and in addition, Nancy Bonanzy who graced us with her presence on my third and final year...

And and and  not forgetting all the songs we sang, the songs I so happily separated with audacity and the once in a while visit from sheen yeen who helps me with the parts sometimes.... ahh.... dear.... Kau Ilhamku with Kc on the guitar brought back third place for us remember? Along with the you raise me up. The song circle of life in which we did not perform. I'm sure it would have been a hit if we had what with the amazing intro XD and our beloved Dirgahayu oh Tanah Airku and Man in the mirror .

I LOVE YOU!!!!! Ya man. Ya. XD

Not forgetting Tommy's second bow and Shane being the only dude in front with the sopranos 

5 comments:

  1. Yeah man! I miss those times. My college mate is actually from MGS and she saw our performance last year. Tommy's second bow will forever be etched in my mind since it was recorded and I can watch it over and over and over again and laugh endlessly. Miss you! P.s How is the choir this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they didn't win but I kinda expected it.... Anyway, our generation of choir members will forever be the best in my heart because we were so closely bonded, given that we've known each other for a long time, and we had such a great time , drama or without. Right? hahaha, miss you too. We should really hang out some time, though I probably wouldn't call you on the house phone anymore, after our creepy-someone-breathing experience. Remember?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel!

    I really miss being in the choir team too! Those days of staying back almost everyday to practice. Ahh, I really enjoyed it! And I agree with you; our generation of choir members is the best! Tommy's second bow.. Hahahaha!

    Anyways I just want to say that you were such an awesome conductor ;)

    Chay Fhun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww yeah man, that phone call still creeps me out. You've been dilly dallying a lot? I've been driving myself to the ground. Hahaha...I'm sure you've had your fair share of that. Yeah I heard about choir. But anyway, the choir was one big happy family in our generation! Though I hadn't been there for long. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHOIR!!! Aku nak lagi!! Aku nak tengok lu conduct lagi!! Lu punya jumping skills while conducting got you the award for Best Conductor!! WOHOOO! Aku nak nyanyi lagi!! Our choir team was our second family. we shed tears together. we laughed together. we listened to all your stories during practices. we went crazy after practices together. we sang together. we saw you conducting with passion. yes,we disobeyed you at times. But we shared the JOY of choir together!!

    Haha. I want our choir team back la! :(

    ReplyDelete